Mad River Alliance is a community driven group working to protect clean local water and the ecological integrity of the Mad River watershed for the benefit of its human and natural communities. Mad River Alliance is a 501(c)3 (Humboldt County, California). If you’d like to volunteer or become a part of Mad River Alliance, please email MRA Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our EVENTS page for recent activities, clean ups and misc events. The next Mad River Clean Up will be on Earth Day weekend on April 21. Contact us on how you can help. Looking for sponsors to help us pay for the clean up equipment needed. Visit our DONATE page.
Important Publications: Click on links below to download
• Mad River Summary Steelhead Dive Summary 2016 Report
• 2016 Compliance Handbook, Cannabis Farmer’s Workshop Series PDF
• Click here for the Mad River Summer Steelhead Dive Summary 2015 Report
• Mad River Temperature Monitoring Study Summary Report: A preliminary overview of water temperature conditions in the Mad River Watershed. Final Version June 10, 2014
Humboldt Steelhead Days Year #5 fishing contest will be held from January 13 to February 17, 2018 during the peak of the run. For more information about HSD5, visit the Humboldt Steelhead Days website and or Facebook page. For contest rules or to sponsor/donate/partner with us on this annual event, visit www.humboldtsteelheaddays.com
You can REGISTER for the HSD hatchery steelhead fishing contest online and at our various outlets or you can fill out the form below and mail your check to Mad River Alliance. Your donation will go toward river registration and will register you into the fishing contest. Top 3 hatchery fish from either the Mad or the Trinity rivers with photo evidence will be eligible to win prizes! Email: email@example.com
Mad River Alliance in the Press, Media and Links:
• MRA fundraiser: Zombie Apocalypse Night
• Help us fund river dives on Go Fund Me. For more info., click here.
• KHUM Coastal Currents: Listen here.
• Get your Humboldt Steelhead Days Pint Glass at Mad River Brewing Co.
• MRA presents a film by Shane Anderson: Wild Reverence, The Steelhead’s Last Stand.
• Spawning Tours during Humboldt Steelhead Days. Restoration Workshops.
• NCJ: Humboldt Steelhead Days fishing contest
• MRA’s Fishy Business: Redwood Times.
• MRA’s Humboldt Steelhead Days Events: Fishing the North Coast.
• Business Spotlight from Blue Lake Chamber of Commerce, click here.
• Pacific Outfitters Post Cleanup Report: PacOut Green Team on the Mad River, click here.
• The Times-Standard: Cleanup for Earth Day on the Mad River. MRA members have removed over 250 old tires and 240 cubic yards of trash since the alliance began cleaning up the Mad River in 2012. For article click here.
• Eco News: Meet MRA’s E.D. Dave Feral
For the latest up to date information follow Mad River Alliance’s Facebook page, click here.
To get in touch with Mad River Alliance with questions, comments, or suggestions, send us email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Dave Feral at (707) 382-6162.
Mad River Alliance
P.O. Box 1252
Blue Lake, CA 95525